Cosmic Software FLEXid dongle and hostid Licensing
When using Cosmic Software development tools with a FLEXid hardware dongle you need to install system device drivers in order for the software and hardware to work together properly. This is especially true if multiple dongles are used or another device is attached to a USB or parallel port dongle. The dongle device drivers are generally supplied on Cosmic product CDs located in the "utilities" folder.
Windows PC Platform
New FLEXlm Dongle driver Installation on a Windows PC.
To install Dongle device drivers for the first time on a Windows PC. Download the installer from the table below.
1) Remove all dongles attached to your computer and close all open applications. Please Note: You MUST be logged on as a computer administrator in order to install drivers.
2) Double click on “Dongle Drivers.exe” to install the latest dongle device drivers.
3) Attach the dongle and run lmreg.exe located in your product installation folder. Your dongle serial number should appear in the display if the drivers and dongle are working properly. If it does not appear then reboot the computer and eun lmreg again.
8) Attach the dongle and run the lmreg utility located in your product installation folder. Your dongle serial number should appear in the display if the drivers and dongle are working properly.
Locate the instructions below specific to your Linux platform. You must be superuser (root) in order to install these components.
RED HAT LINUX, VERSION 7
1. Locate the file, HDD_Linux.tar.gz, in the platform folder of your FLEXnet Licensing toolkit installation.
2. Using the gzip and then tar utilities, access the file’s contents.
3. Follow the instructions detailed in the file, INSTALL, to install both the kernel-mode driver,
aksparlnx.o, and the daemon, aksusbd.
RED HAT LINUX, VERSION 8, 9, AND ENTERPRISE 3
1. Locate the file, aksusbd-redhat-1.5-1.i386.rpm, in the platform folder of your FLEXnet Licensing toolkit installation.
2. Use the package manager utility, rpm, to install the driver:
rpm -i aksusbd-redhat-1.5-1.i386.rpm
SUSE LINUX ENTERPRISE SERVER 8.1
1. Locate the file, aksusbd-suse-1.7-2.i386.rpm, in the platform folder of your FLEXnet Licensing toolkit installation.
2. As super-user, use the package manager utility, rpm, to install the driver:
rpm -i aksusbd-suse-1.7-2.i386.rpm
Installer: The following table lists those operating systems for which FLEXid dongle support exists along with a link to the appropriate installer. Download all installers appropriate to your implementation. Each installer contains all FLEXid dongle drivers supported by the particular platform.
* Windows - 64-bit support - Cosmic Tool versions older than 2010 may not recognize the dongle FlexID on Win 64 bit. This may require the use of a floating license. Please contact Cosmic technical support for more information.
Hostid registration is not required when using FLEXid dongles or floating licenses. See the General License Info page and FLEXlm End User's Guide for more information.
Please contact your local Cosmic support office should you have any questions or problems.
content ©2010 Cosmic
Software Inc, All Rights Reserved.
FLEXlm and FlexNet Publisher are registered trademark of Flexera Software Inc.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.